Monday, May 4, 2009

Sooo hungry...

Friday, May 1, 2009

I hadn't eaten since 10:30 am and it was almost 8 at night. I had been busy all day and although I had made some chicken pasta, I couldn't eat it. I had put it in a plastic container and shoved it in my purse around 5:30pm. But I was at a career workshop and had stupidly decided to sit near the front. So I didn't want to be rude and take out my dinner. My interpretation of "Money burns a hole in your pocket" was "Chicken pasta dinner burning a hole in my purse." The workshop ran a little over and I had been looking forward to eating afterwards, but I couldn't because I had to meet some friends to see some other friends in a music performance. GRRR! I was soo hungry! :( My stomach was eating itself. To add to the frustration, I (along with the other attendees) COULD NOT find our way out of the building. It was soo strange and annoying. The UP and DOWN stairs were not next to each other, so we could see the UP stairs that we took, but could not find the DOWN. FINALLY I found my way out towards the lobby and I was running so late for the show! Walking out, I passed the front desk and spied the same platter of cookies that I had seen on my way in, but the platter was more empty and many cookies had been eaten during the time that I was in the career workshop. To me that meant: The food had very recently been eaten and it was safe. Did I take a cookie? No, because next to it was a box of pizza! I glanced around (no one in sight) and opened the box. Half a pizza left with a variety of toppings!! Some cheese only, some pepperoni, some veggie with artichokes!! YUM!! "Should I? No...but I'm starving and I love pizza!" Haha, I took a slice of cheese pizza. I wanted the veggie, but the veggies were messy and I couldn't eat and run with it (disadvantages of not being able to eat quickly). I hesitated a sec to just pick off a fat piece of artichoke, but out of the corner of my eye, saw a man approach and rushed off before he could ask me what the heck I was doing. As I was speed walking to the subway station, I kept thinking of my sister's warning, "Be careful! Wash your hands to prevent contracting swine flu!" Haha, this was beyond washing my hands! BUT...the pizza HAD to be safe because cookies sitting right next to the pizza box had been eaten, so it wasn't like this supply of food was being used as a science experiment and was contaminated with chemicals...right? Well, it's been a few days and I feel fine...except I've been plagued with this insatiable appetite. OMG!! I just realized, did I eat a tapeworm?!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda. Couldn't you just eat the pasta cold? Really. Does this incident qualify for food-lifting? What if that pizza was an employee's dinner?! I would have gone for the cookies. Sugar high ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-rock, I can eat cold pasta. The problem was there wasn't time to eat pasta. On the other hand, pizza can be eaten on the run. I ate as I walked to my subway stop. Cookies? I don't have a sweet tooth like you and Cyndy. haha

    ReplyDelete