Wednesday, August 5, 2009

St Pete, Florida

July 17-19, 2009

I went Florida to help take care of a two yr old cousin and his five month old baby brother. I had such a lovely time that for the following 1 1/2 weeks afterwards, I missed CA so much. I’m going through a bad withdrawl of the beach since I’m experiencing summer in a concrete jungle. Imagine how high my heart leapt with happiness in the car ride from the airport when I saw white fluffy clouds, a large sparkling blue body of water and friendly palm trees waving hello to me in the breeze. For the past 4-5 years, my family has taken a trip to Hawaii during the summer. My trip to Florida this year took the place of Hawaii. We had a 2 bedroom condo right by the water with a gorgeous view from the balcony. We basically did the same normal things: lounge around, swim, sunbathe, eat and netflix DVDS (Breaking Bad).

It was great to be with family, especially the two little boys. The two year old, Sebastien, has so much energy and all I wanted him to do was hang out with me. So I kept bribing him, “Sebastien, come outside. Sit on the balcony with me. You want me to read Trucks?” waving his favorite new picturebook in the air. “Look Sebastien, I have grapes, too. Come outside and look at the birdies and planes.” His mom and I also attacked the poor little guy and pasted fake tatoos all over his chest, then proceeded to take thug pictures of him. “Sebastien, stand still. Sebastien, make a mean face. Look over there. Look at me.” I was in such a blissful state that I even slept through wall shattering thunderstorms.





No comments:

Post a Comment