After hiking from my apt at 56th st up to 59th, back down to 54th, then up to 72nd, I finally get in and find my friends. It was strange to be hanging out on the highway, when normally if I’m on it, it’s full of cars whizzing by. The fireworks show was amazing! It was so good that people kept saying, “Wow! Ok, this must be the finale now.” I love fireworks and get so emotional watching them. I held a moment of silence, remembering the fantastic 2008 July 4th party with the slip and slide and clubbing under the fireworks, but how wonderful it is for new memories with new friends. Happy Birthday, America!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Fourth of July 2009
The entire West Side Highway was closed down and people from all over poured into Manhattan to watch the Macy’s fireworks show. There were so many people, it reminded me of scenes of large masses people being evacutated out of the city, like in I Am Legend or Independence Day. It was kinda scary. Big crowds make me think terrorists will take the chance to kill off many people at once. Cops were stationed all over the highway and guarding street intersections to limit the number of people on the highway. We were being herded like sheep and directed to the many other highway entrances. I think I was at the 54th entrance. People were trying to force their way in because no one trek to another another entrace. Families tried to pushed their way in, claiming that they had to get to their daughter or aunt or son or grandma on the other side of the gate. Then I hear a commotion, “Vanessa’s here! Vanessa, over here! Vanessa, can you get me in? Vanessa, when you gonna be on Dancing with the Stars?” It’s Vanessa Williams and she looks gorgeous! And of course, the cops part the gates and she and entourage get in without any trouble.
After hiking from my apt at 56th st up to 59th, back down to 54th, then up to 72nd, I finally get in and find my friends. It was strange to be hanging out on the highway, when normally if I’m on it, it’s full of cars whizzing by. The fireworks show was amazing! It was so good that people kept saying, “Wow! Ok, this must be the finale now.” I love fireworks and get so emotional watching them. I held a moment of silence, remembering the fantastic 2008 July 4th party with the slip and slide and clubbing under the fireworks, but how wonderful it is for new memories with new friends. Happy Birthday, America!


After hiking from my apt at 56th st up to 59th, back down to 54th, then up to 72nd, I finally get in and find my friends. It was strange to be hanging out on the highway, when normally if I’m on it, it’s full of cars whizzing by. The fireworks show was amazing! It was so good that people kept saying, “Wow! Ok, this must be the finale now.” I love fireworks and get so emotional watching them. I held a moment of silence, remembering the fantastic 2008 July 4th party with the slip and slide and clubbing under the fireworks, but how wonderful it is for new memories with new friends. Happy Birthday, America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment