Sunday, March 08, 2009
Disclaimer: This is inspired by The Choice, by Nicholas Sparks.
In the past several years, I’ve frequently found myself feeling so Blessed with the best friends. So many times, I’ve sat back from the conversation to give a moment of thanks. “Wow, God I’m having so much fun.” How much fun?
My life is like a beer commercial.
You know the billboard images and TV commercials, where the people are having a great time with huge smiles on their faces? Yup! That’s it! What are the odds that I’d spend my 20s with people who started as friends but became family? To see each other grow and witness life changes together. Obviously there have been so many beer commercial moments, but one that pops to mind is this past July 4th party. The yummy potluck, the Slip and Slide, the best part was lighting up fireworks and watching the neighbors put on the show and dancing up them. Fireworks are just so beautiful and romantic.
To think, did I willingly leave all this behind to move across the country? Yes, I miss my LA life so much. The shared laughter and familiar banter. The many loud conversations that simultaneously happen across dinner tables, the art of enjoying food together, the therapeutic runs on the streets of Pasadena, the prayer meetings, etc.
But God reminded me that my adventurous itch is being scratched. My curiosity to see how others live is being answered. My desire to see as many places in the world as possible is being met. The restless feeling I’ve felt disappeared two weeks ago. Meeting the numerous people I’ve met the past couple of weeks, I’ve learned that NYC is full of transplants, coincidently, most of them are from SoCal (yay!). But I’ve also met people from other areas too and some are so well traveled. The diversity is a collection of colorful threads woven together to create a beautiful tapestry. I love it and it’s inspiring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment