Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home

October 2009

My trip home to CA was an enormous blessing from God. It comforted and rejuvenated me. I reconnected with my dear sweet friends and they poured love into my soul. My eyes well with tears of gratitude as I write because I'm just so incredibly thankful for my family and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you, you guys. You mean so much to me.

Thank you for making my visit home wonderful. It came at such a perfect time and I cannot begin to describe my excitement for it. I continuously thank God for such lovely friendships. Even though I didn’t see some people, your thoughts, prayers and encouragement mean so much to me. It had been since April, almost 6 months that I had been home. My NY friendships are certainly developing into deeper more vulnerable relationships, but there’s something about coming ‘home.’ It’s a place of genuine comfort where I’ve been known for so long and loved, despite my flaws and shortcomings. You guys scooped me up and I felt your embrace of love. Thank you for your listening ears, for allowing me to cry on your shoulders, and definitely, for all the laughter and fun times. I had so much fun that I kept encouraging myself to persevere, “It’s ok, I’ll sleep on the plane.” Haha.

Having so much fun, I was truly considering moving back home to CA, especially since I felt such a deep yearning for my CA family when I was still in NY and anticipating my trip home to CA. I felt like nothing would take the place of ‘home.’ And I was right. I felt loved. I was a deflated icing bag and you guys filled it with sweet warm gooeyness. I came back to NY refreshed, armed with joy and confidence. There’s something about having such a strong support system. It makes me feel grounded.

Why would I want to be so far away from my wonderful support system???

A couple of months ago, I had bought a one way ticket to LA for the end of Dec, but still hadn’t bought a returning tix from LA to NY. I wasn’t sure. But a few days before my wonderful trip came to an end and I had to go back to dirty, stinky, crowded and lonely NYC, I received an email from a company that I had been waiting on for a job for so long that I had given up on it. From the time that I had my first interview, then second, then budget talks, then negotiations, etc, they were taking so long that even after their email with the official job offer, I still didn’t believe I had the job. “When I’m sitting in that desk, receiving pay checks from them, then I’ll believe it.” But believe it, because I started this week and so far it’s been good and I’m excited about what I can do for this company.


1 comment: